Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Sing Praises by Amber


Hello everyone! It's Amber here, today I have a mini card and matching treat bag to share. Last month Susan released and introduced a bunch of fun new products to the shop, clear stamps, patterned treat bags, calligraphy pens, gel pens, jute twine, and lace. I used one of the new 5 1/8" x 6 3/8" mint chevron treat bags and two of the newest Bible Journaling stamp sets to create my mini card and treat bag. 


I absolutely fell in love with these fun printed white treat bags when I laid eyes on them. These 5 1/8" x 6 3/8" bags are available in 7 different colors and 3 different designs. I used one of the mint colored bags with the chevron pattern printed on. 


I took a slightly darker piece of mint cardstock and die cut a circle out of the upper half of it with a circle die. I stamped the entire piece of cardstock with some black ink and the music note bar from the Sing & Rejoice stamp set. On a piece of white cardstock I stamped the singing bird and music notes from the same stamp set, colored the little bird yellow, ink blended the background with some mint ink, and attached the whole piece behind the circle I die cut out of the mint piece cardstock. On another piece of white cardstock  I stamped the phrase "Sing Praises" in black ink from the Words Of Faith #2 stamp set. I cut my sentiment piece down and added it right below my stamped bird. Before adhering the stamped piece I created to my treat bag I added a little yellow clothespin, black twine, and some mini staples to my sentiment. I also splattered the front of my treat bag with some bright yellow glimmer mist from Tattered Angels to match my little yellow singing bird.


I thought it would be fun to create a little mini card to go along with my treat bag so I created one to match. I started with a 3' x 6' piece of white cardstock and folded it in half to create a 3' x 3' card base. I cut a slightly smaller piece of mint cardstock and stamped the entire piece with the music note bar from the Sing & Rejoice stamp set in some black ink. I die cut a circle out of some white cardstock, stamped my "Be Joyful" sentiment from the Words Of Faith #2 stamp set in black ink, and ink blended behind my sentiment with some matching mint ink. I adhered the stamped mint piece of cardstock to my white card base and then adhered my circle piece stamped with my sentiment to the center of that. I hope you enjoyed my project today. Thanks for visiting!

SRM Supplies
Black Twine