Monday, November 14, 2016

Thanksgiving Decor by Melanie


Hi! Melanie with you today to share something I've made for our home.  I love Thanksgiving--for us it involves gathering with family, sharing memories and making new ones, and (of course) delicious food! 

This divided tray has been hanging out in my craft area for awhile, just patiently waiting to be put to use. The individual spaces are perfect for fitting SRM stickers! 



I started by choosing some papers with colors that reflect the Fall season here. After cutting them to size and playing with the spaces, I picked out different SRM stickers that fit Thanksgiving.  And some Burlap ribbon too!


 To bring in some texture, I filled two of the spaces with burlap. Then I added some leaves from the yard that fell from our trees and a die cut pumpkin. The tag is finished off with Gold Shimmer Twine.


A few weeks ago a friend had some cotton bolls in her kitchen. I loved the look and got some from her. They add a beautifully different look to our entryway and now the tray is the finishing touch.


It is a blessing to have so much to be thankful for. I'm looking forward to seeing this reminder each day. 

No comments: