Monday, October 3, 2016

Bible Journaling - Watercolor Twist Background - by Karen



Hello!  Karen here with you today playing with Watercolor Twist Pencils in my study journal. 


My page today is in my summer study journal. In Nehemiah chapter 9, God's people gathered to hear God's Word read to them and they confessed their sins and renewed their commitment to keep convenant with God. Despite the number of times they turned their backs on God (Nehemiah describes those times in sad detail) God continued to keep His promise and time and again granted them mercy and grace. As I was reading it struck me how they were saved purely by grace - not their own obedience. On this page I wanted to journal a prayer of thanks to God for his amazing grace and his wild love for me! No matter my own failings in obedience, He continually calls me back, forgives me, and helps me through His Holy Spirit to be a better me.


To help illustrate my gratitude, I created this fun and colorful background using the ColorIn Watercolor Twists. Have I mentioned how much I love these twistable watercolor pencils? So many ways to use them and such great color. The background is super quick and easy. I created a video for you to show you exactly how to create your own for your next bible journaling page or cards. Gather up: Watercolor Twists, a small plastic sheet (the backing to your SRM Faith stamps is great!), water, and a brush and play along with me!


After my background was dry, I added a few rows of washi tape on the left side and a couple of printouts that came with my bible study. Then I turned to my SRM stamps. I used several stamp sets on this page (listed below). Yes, I did cut the BIG "thank you" so that it would fit on my page. So many great choices to create just the right sentiment on your bible journaling page - it's fun to mix and match from the different sets.


For this project I used:

SaveSave

No comments: