Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Mr. & Mrs. Doily Card by Shantaie


Hi, I'm Shantaie, as one of the designers here at SRM I find myself continually seeking to "reinvent the wheel" as the saying goes. The new and innovative use of products is literally my job, but sometimes a classic in an unexpected color is just the ticket.  

Weddings are often thought of in whites and pastels, but a bold sophisticated black is stunning paired with a doily and a few sequins!

I topped the doily with a round take 2 stickers by the dozen wedding sticker in the center, and added a single row border from the same wedding sticker sheet. The simplest little twine bow is placed just above the border....because I love the softness of a little bit of twine!


To place the sequins I just dropped a small handful of metallic neutrals and glued them exactly where they fell, easy and random! 

I love that this wedding card could also double as an anniversary card, and is clean and simple enough to make in a hurry and still have time to wrap a gift before dashing out the door! :)

No comments: