Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Very Special Day Card by Cassonda


Hi Everyone! Cassonda Tadlock here to share with you a card I created using the Fancy Sentiments Birthday sticker sheet.  It has 17 fancy sentiments, fancy borders printed on clear and even a fancy flourish. This sticker sheet is so amazing! 


This card is a little over the top for me but I'm a layer girl so I went to town with different techniques. :)

Here's how I created it.  The background is a mix of teal, bright pink and pearl paints swiped on with a flat paintbrush. After allowing it to dry, I stamped a collage stamp with white and black stazon ink. It gave it a bit of a shabby look. 


Next came some layers of circle and square shapes, using pop dots for dimension. Then...wrapped the card with yellow lace and tulle, added a few stick pins with sequins and some green water dots.

The little dress was cut by some old packaging as a template. I placed the sentiment sticker right on top with a little crocheted flower attached. 
Oh...you're curious about the yellow "lace" at the bottom of the dress?  That's created by cutting a 2 1/2" yellow punched piece into 4 pieces and adhering 2 of them underneath the dress. Pretty clever, huh? ;)


The last thing I added was some stickles glitter glue to the white embossed paper and a little strip of the border from the sentiment sticker sheet. 
I hope you have a Very Special Day! ♥ 

No comments: