Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mini Cards!


It was so much fun to wheel my scrap bucket up to my craft table, grab bitty pieces of my favorite patterns along with a few SRM Sticker sheets, and go to town. As I mentioned before, I use minis quite often, when sending RAKs (and prizes!). My mini cards never gather dust.

First up is a Valentine. I used a Cuttlebug postage stamp die along and a coordinating mini embossing folder. I sanded the image to pop it. I used only the "& Kisses" part of my greeting sticker since the 'love' part is in my focal point.




Here's a little thank you card. I have gobs of these Hero Arts patterned flowers and put them to use on this card. I used rounded gemstones to cover the holes that my border punch created.




I just want to say that I *love* my punches. I punched 3 circles from patterned Cosmo Cricket paper, misted and crumpled them, adhered them together, then placed a button on top. A "Merci" SRM Sticker finished it off!




I love orange for babies... I grabbed my circle and scalloped punches for this one, it was a snap. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for more orange creations by our first Guest Designer, the divine...
Tanis Giesbrecht




This is the owl card you see in the banner. I stamped the owl (Hero Arts), colored the image with Copic Markers, and trimmed it. The owl is so colorful and bold that a simple sticker greeting was all it needed.




I hope you've enjoyed the blog this week. Join us tomorrow as we wrap up the week with creations by Tanis! Are you feeling inspired? Are you seeing your stickers in a new light? How does a weekend challenge sound? Check back tomorrow for the details!


jenyfur


17 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

Great samples. I'm looking forward to seeing Tanis' work - she's so talented.

Corey W. said...

now i'm in the mood to make some mini's! thanks!

and can't wait for the challenge!

Gina said...

WOW!!! Jenyfur, your cards are Wonderful! :)

Raechelle Bellus said...

each of the cards are super! I am inspired to make some now. :)

Tanis said...

LOVE the cards today!!
Can't wait for the challenge! YAY!

Jan said...

Cute cards....I'm feeling inspired to pull out my big scrap container and play!

Looking forward to the challenge!

mustangkayla said...

What cute minis! I just love them all!

Janet's Joy said...

Adorable cards! I love how scraps can be used for cards of all sizes!

Bonita Rose said...

Love it all.. can't wait to hear the challenge... how fun!! Love all u shared!

Alice said...

love those mini cards! beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love all the minis, can't wait to see what Tanis Giesbrecht has in store for us.

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Wahoooo! Jen these rock!! Sooo fun and filled with color and yummy goodness! These stickers look great and I can't wait to see what Tanis comes up with!!

I am snowed and iced in here in Oklahoma City and what better way to spend my time then with a fun sticker challenge!!

Thanks Jen!
Looking forward to it! :)

Kathy said...

Oh Jen!!!!! All this little mini's are so wonderful and big on details and color. It looks like you just keep on with this yummy mini's! I'm looking forward to Tanis's creations. Love love love all of these !!!!!!

Kelly Booth said...

Perfect!!! Love all of these Jenyfur...Looks like I NEED some of those Stickers....so Fun!

SmilynStef said...

Cute cute cute ... mini cards always make me smile.

ellen s. said...

i LOVE making mini cards! great stuff, totally inspired

jullu mia said...

Nice post! Like it. Look forward for your new post. Thanks! jute goods
Great One!