Poppies seem to pop up everywhere in craft projects, so why not on a calendar!
This project was created by Cathy Andronicou using SRM's Mini Calendar standard, Sticker Stitches Christmas, Year Of Memories 2015 and a small Glassine Bag that measures 2 3/4" x 4 1/4".
Here's a list of the other materials used: Penny Black Field of Dreams & Feather & Frames dies, Blooming Garden Stamp set, Chameleon Alcohol pens Chrimson Red, Black and Olive Green, Spellbinders Labels Eight, Dainty Dots Embossing Folder and Classic Squares LG & SM, Sizzix Small Easel Die and Circle Paddle Punch, Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Memento dual tip markers, Rhubarb Stalk, Tuxedo Black and Bamboo Leaves, Green, Red & White card stock
And here are the step by step instructions on how to create this wonderful little calendar gem:
1) Cut 4 white pieces of card labels Eight, then cut squares (using 3 1/4", 2 3/4",2 1/4" dies) from three of the labels on the right hand side to create frame and holder for calendar.
2) Cut a square frame (using 3 1/4" and 2 3/4" dies) from red card to fit into the labels eight base. Apply white sticker stitches to each side of frame. Then adhere all three cut labels to the base, add in the red and white frames and cut a circle in the centre of the frame (this will allow you to easily remove and change the calendar each month). Cut the easel mechanism and trim down to fit on the back of the calendar.
3) Cut 6 2 1/4" squares from green card and apply mini calendar stickers to each side.
4) Cut the Glassine bag top using the feather and frames die and emboss with dainty dots. Adhere to back of calendar and put spare months into the pocket.
5) Cut Poppy from pearl card and colour with alcohol pens, then ink stamp with memento markers and stamp over the top of the coloured die cut to add texture to the poppies. Adhere to front of calendar with glue at base and foam pads on the flowers and seed pods (this will add more dimension to the project). Attach the year sticker and you are done!
Do you love creating hand crafted gifts for Christmas or Birthday presents? Make multiples of this fabulous calendar and give them to your friends and family! You can change the theme and color scheme on each calendar so no 2 are exactly alike! Thank you Cathy for this wonderful project! I'm sure that lots of our friends and fans will be CASing this calendar!